Sunday, November 12, 2006

I just adore Ugly Betty


I heard that Channel 4 over here has picked up Ugly Betty to fill its old Friday night 'Friends' slot. This means they now understand you can't just put any old crap on at that time and 'they (the viewers) will come'.

Don't ask me how, but I'm on episode 6 of Ugly Betty, where Executive Producer (babelicious) Salma Hayek makes a real entrance, and it just keeps getting better and better. It's based on "Yo Soy Betty La Fea," the Colombian telenovela "Yo Soy Betty La Fea," but is very, very much like The Devil Wears Prada (very), but with more wit, humour and better cast.

Of course your hairdressing and fashionista community will love it, but even real two-fisted hero types like me just warm to America Ferrera's lovely smile. I think Betty reminds me a little of someone, but I can't say who.

No comments: