Monday, March 31, 2008

Bringing my Manga-Stories Blog up to date

I've managed to get a couple of things onto the manga blog, Manga-Stories (Imanga), now. So it looks a little more respectable. As I have always said, its a very self-indulgent blog and it's really about manga I enjoy, rather than new releases, although there will be some.


For, instance, The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service is currently very popular in the West and just about the hippest manga out there. It's written by the guy who wrote MPD Psycho, which is also reviewed in depth on the blog, but look out, it's very, very, graphics heavy.


I've also added a post about two very different works by Jiro Taniguchi and the first of these, Walking Man, is used to draw parallels with another post and old favourite, YKK, or Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, by Ashinano Hitoshi.



With Monster, like YKK, Death Note and MPD Psycho, I have been able to look at the story's appearance on other media and the animation, screenshots of which I've posted, is mind blowing.



In addition to stills from both Death Note movies and the anime, I've added graphics from the first ever Death Note one-shot.



Last night I was preparing some new posts for the blog and Black and White, in particular, was just astonishing me all over again.

No comments: